Páginas

lunes, 3 de septiembre de 2012

Why I want to be an MPC Pioneer


Written on August 17th, 2012

A few months ago, I started thinking that my education so far, at school and at the university, hasn’t been so good. I have learned many things, but never the essential abilities to actually think by myself. Most of the important things I’ve learned happened outside the classroom, and in my perspective that’s not the only way it is supposed to be.

I started learning about this new culture of learning, student-centered, in a seminar with Albert. Although it was a very good seminar, I encountered that almost none of my other courses had that focus. I came to realize that most of my classmates are only studying at UFM because they want their title in order to get a job, making the class and learning environment mediocre and without a good system of incentives to learn. The saddest part is that most teachers don’t care at all. They are fine just the way the system is, and they don’t care if most of the classmates take the university as a joke, wasting their time and only simulating they have learned something.

I don’t want my education to keep on that track. I want to learn in an environment in which students are there because they want to become a better and more prepared person. I believe in this system because nobody is here for a piece of paper or because someone else told them to be here, but by their own conviction and desire to learn.

I want to really know what is my passion, become a more educated person, and learn how to learn what I like. I believe this program will allow me to do that. I think this as a great opportunity to improve my education, learn the abilities to reach my lifetime goals, and become a better person.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario